What to Expect on Home Inspection Day?
- Your inspection will last about 3 hours (it may be longer or shorter depending on the size of the home, but 3 hours is the average).
- Your inspector does not mind if you ask questions. We want to help and are happy to answer any questions you feel you’d like to ask.
- Your inspector does a visual inspection, which means we cannot move any personal property from the seller or take apart anything on the property. This is for your safety as well as the seller’s safety during negotiations.
- Your inspector will check the roof, windows, doors, appliances, electric panel, HVAC, appliances, etc. We will make sure they are in working condition and no assembly or performance issues are present at the time.
- Your inspector will send you a report the next day. For this reason, be sure to sign your agreement before the inspection. This agreement will explain in detail what we will be looking at so that you know what questions to ask during the inspection as well as what to look for in your report.